Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Locals Know - Dangerous Liaisons


Usually when we write these reviews we totally agree what to write, but with this particular show we have a slight difference of opinion.

I really enjoyed this production. I would however offer a word of warning, This production doesn't hold anything back, and if you are at all uncomfortable with the lascivious content of this play you might want to steer clear of this production. Personally I was really looking forward to this play and I enjoy it immensely.

My partner on the other hand didn't enjoy the play as much as I did. He felt that this is a very intimate play, and thinks it might have been better suited to the Tom Patterson stage.

We did agree on the fact that the entire play could be tightened up, in terms of timing and pacing. But we did see the very first preview so I am quite confident that this will improve with time. Another thing we agreed upon was the performances of Seana McKenna, Sara Topham and Martha Henry are spectacular and the costumes and set are beautiful.

After we saw this play we had a very lengthy discussion about it with friends at dinner that evening. This play is going to be the topic of many discussions at our breakfast table for the remainder of the season and that is exactly what good theatre should do.

No comments:

Post a Comment